ShareX 13.7.0 Pre-version – Neowin
ShareX is an open source program that allows you to take screenshots or screencasts of any selected area with one touch, save them to your clipboard, hard drive, or instantly upload them to more from 80 different file hosting services such as Imgur, FTP, Dropbox, Mega and Pastebin.
The user can select one or all of these tasks to be performed automatically after each screenshot:
- Add Picture Effects: User can choose from over 37 picture effects and apply multiple picture effects and apply them to one picture.
- Add Watermark: Adds a customizable text / image watermark to the image.
- Annotate Image: Use the Greenshot Image Editor to annotate the image.
- Copy image to clipboard: copies the image to the clipboard.
- Print image: Be able to print images with the printing device.
- Save Image to File: Saves the image as a file with the user’s preferred image format.
- Save Image to File As: Displays the file dialog box before saving so that the user can select the location to write the file to.
- Save Thumbnail Image to File: Saves the resized image as a file.
- Copy file to clipboard: copies the image file to the clipboard.
- …and more.
Additional tools to make certain tasks more efficient:
- Screen Color Picker: As the name suggests, allows the user to pick up color from anywhere on the screen and provide hue, saturation, brightness, and RGB values.
- Ruler: Allows the user to get information about X, Y, width, height, distance and angle on the screen.
- FTP Client: Opens a basic FTP client user interface for the currently configured FTP account.
- Hash Check: Allows user to check / compare hash values ââof files.
- Index Folder: Allows the user to share the index of the contents of a folder by uploading the index of the selected folder as text, html or xml.
- Image editor: based on the Greenshot image editor. It offers functions like the ability to add annotations, highlights or obscurations to the screenshot.
- Image Effects: allows you to apply over 37 different image effects with their own settings to the image. Edited images can be saved as PNG or other formats.
- Monitor Test: Allows the user to render different colors on the screen, which allows the user to test for bleeding and dead pixels on LCD monitors.
- DNS Changer: Allows the user to quickly change the DNS settings of the computer with popular DNS servers like Google DNS.
- QR code: Open the QR code window where user can enter text to get the QR code. User can copy QR code image to user’s clipboard or save as file.
- Tweet Message: Allows the user to post a message to Twitter.
ShareX 13.7.0 changelog:
- Adding the “Main window” tab to the “Application parameters” window and moving related parameters from the context menu of the main window to this window
- Added the option “Thumbnail click action” to the “Main window” tab:
- Select (double click opens the file)
- Open Image Viewer
- Open file
- Open file
- Open link
- Edit image
- For screen recordings, get window information to use in file names and history tags, so it’s now easier to search for videos in the history window.
- Added option “Subfolder template for window” to “Application settings -> Paths”, so that the formats% pn (process name) and% t (window title) can be used for screenshots folder
- Added option “Automatically copy image to clipboard” to image editor
- System administrators can now configure some ShareX settings through the registry. These settings must reside in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE ShareX or HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE ShareX key. Please note that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE takes precedence over HKEY_CURRENT_USER when reading parameters.
- The DisableUpdateCheck (REG_DWORD) registry value disables update checks
- The DisableUpload (REG_DWORD) registry value disables application-wide downloads (by @ Erik3003)
- The PersonalPath registry value (REG_SZ) overrides the ShareX personal path, which defaults to the “Documents ShareX” folder.
- Added the “Borderless window” tool. Some games such as Minecraft do not allow you to take screenshots (screenshots appear black) when running in exclusive fullscreen mode and there is also no in-game setting for full screen without border. Therefore, we have written this tool to allow us to make the game borderless in full screen and allow us to take screenshots of it.
- Support for drag and drop of the file into the “Video Converter” window
- Added a region capture click action for “Capture last region”
- Addition of the keyboard shortcut “Stop screen recording”
- Added “Toggle System Tray Menu” keyboard shortcut
- The color picker dialog now remembers selecting the color palette mode
- Swapped move / resize key behavior in region capture so arrow keys now move shapes instead of resizing them
- Removed debug, donate, twitter, discord, and about buttons from status bar menu to keep it more compact
- Added option to replace default printer (by @tajetaje)
- Addition of the “Show statistics” button to the history window
- Added “Process names” to history statistics, which lets you see which apps you took your screenshots the most from
- Visual improvements in the “Image History” window
- Added “Replace color” image effect
- In the “Application Settings” window, moved the contents of the “Retry” tab to the “Download” tab and moved the contents of the “Results” tab to the “Clipboard Formats” tab
- Addition of the external site drop-down menu for the OCR window (by @IAmVisco)
- Added option “Add file name to URL” for ownCloud / Nextcloud (by @ EmilyLove26)
- Resources for GitHub releases now include “.sha256” checksum files for configuration and laptop
- Keyboard shortcut descriptions in “Keyboard Shortcut Settings” now have task-specific icons. Ditto for the drop-down list of tasks in the keyboard shortcut task settings.
- YouTube video title, description and visibility can now be set before uploading through the new “Video options” dialog
- Text downloads using the ShareX browser extension now honor file naming settings
Download: ShareX 13.7.0 | Portable | ~ 8.0 MB (Open Source)
View: ShareX home page
Be alerted of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article