Senior Graphic Designer – Pedestrian Jobs
Applejack Hospitality is a Sydney-based hospitality group that successfully operates a unique portfolio of restaurants, bars, pubs and cafes scattered in and around the CBD and surrounding suburbs. These included;
- The botanist Kirribilli
- Butler Potts Point
- SoCal Sydney, Neutral Bay
- Bopp & Tone, Sydney CBD
- June’s Shoppe, Sydney Central Business District
- Cafe Hester, Sydney CBD
- Forrester, Surry Hills
At Applejack, a positive attitude is key – you need to be motivated, willing to learn and develop your design skills to perfect your craft. We don’t do the same, we seek to be different by challenging the status quo in everything we do. We want to be a creative leader in all types of F&B, venue concepts, corporate culture and design, so you are encouraged to aim for the stars and reach your full potential.
As a designer, you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Oversee and execute all design projects from concept to delivery in collaboration with the Chief Marketing Officer and Marketing Managers.
- Generate new concepts to respond to briefs and bring your own creative input when brainstorming ideas
- Ensure brand consistency across various marketing projects
- Create original pieces through print and digital design projects
- Ability to design large format designs, signs and packaging
- Excellent art work skills to prepare files for print and digital projects
- Update existing artwork files, including but not limited to menu changes and campaign and signage revisions
- The ability to create animated or animated graphics
- Self-manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and professional skills
Previous work experience in the hospitality industry is not essential but is an advantage. However, we are also looking for;
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Qualification in graphic design or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing experience in Final Cut, After Effects or Premiere Pro
- Good communicator, self-motivated, self-motivated with confidence in their skills
- A good attitude, an ability to accept feedback and a willingness to learn/apply feedback
- Experience in professional presentation of ideas
- Ability to design original pieces with excellence
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Great attention to visual detail
- Solid knowledge of color, typography, design and graphic principles
This offer operates full time from Monday to Friday.
Labor benefits and work for Applejack;
- Our office is open concept and you will have your own office with Apple iMac
- Sit on the marketing team of 5.
- 25% off the bill in all our restaurants so you can enjoy it with you and 3 friends
- Access to personal and professional development
- Company activities focused on health and well-being at work
- Participation in corporate events and social outings.
If you are interested in learning more or would like to apply, please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio for review. If you do not include a creative portfolio website or PDF, your application will not be considered.
Feedback will be given and successful applicants will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview.