Project Manager and Technical Illustrator – Seattle, WA, US | Works
BOUTIQUE PROJECT MANAGER & TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR
The Workshop Project Manager and Technical Illustrator perform a dual role for Dovetail’s Custom Wood and Metal Workshop: managing the production process and creating the shop drawings. This position requires multiple project management skills, technical drawing expertise and manufacturing experience in carpentry/cabinet making as well as architectural metal. Dovetail’s workshop supports its residential and commercial projects and manufactures custom wood and metal components such as furniture, stairs, windows and doors, kinetic systems, hardware, and more. Dovetail’s shop is the perfect place to make handcrafted creations and collaborate with master craftsmen.
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining workshop project schedules and budgets, and managing a project from start to finish. You work closely with the Shop Manager, Shop Production Manager, Architects and Clients to resolve design and construction issues. Coordinate, participate and document all project meetings. Lead all project communications, include stakeholders and follow up. Proactively communicate schedule changes. Track and report budget changes throughout the project.
In addition, this position is responsible for the creation of all shop drawings. Lead the manufacturing process through proactive communication, manage the process through meetings and documentation, improve drawings by soliciting feedback, and update drawings accordingly. Attend pre-con meetings and visit construction sites. This position works closely with the Workshop team and reports directly to the Workshop Manager.
- Track project estimates and budgets.
- Create and maintain the project schedule. Update and communicate changes daily. Present the schedule at weekly meetings. Display the printed schedule in store.
- Communicate daily with store staff, update everything about the calendar and urgent issues.
- Communicate effectively with architects and designers.
- Create and refine shop drawings.
- Synthesize drawings and project details.
- Visit job sites as needed.
- Successful experience in leading and motivating a team.
- Successful experience in project management: setting priorities, creating deadlines, meeting them.
- Mastery of software: Revit; Solid works; AutoCAD; SketchUp; Excel; Project; cloud-based systems.
- Experience in 3D BIM modeling, an asset.
- Experience in CNC programming and machining is a plus.
- Experience with change agreements and estimates.
- Excellent in time management, prioritization and multitasking.
- Team player, exceptional work ethic, always looking for improvement.
- Experience and knowledge of fabrication and welding techniques, joints and details.
- Understanding of the critical path and its relationship to cost, schedule, staffing, and maintenance.
- Anticipate project challenges regarding staffing, budget, schedule and create solutions.
- Foster healthy relationships with the project manager, architect and client throughout the project and beyond.
- Interpret plans, specifications, contracts, use Dovetail systems.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Refined standards for quality, craftsmanship, aesthetics.
- Grace under pressure: exercising patience in an imperfect process and a desire to improve the process.
About Dovetail: Dovetail is a custom builder whose goal is to elevate craftsmanship and artisans. We do this with a talented team that is committed to impeccable quality, environmental sustainability and lasting relationships. We build bespoke residential and commercial projects, specializing in meaningful architecture, with both a carpentry shop and a metal shop to support the refined design.
Dovetail’s leadership is dedicated to honest and open communication and leads with inspired purpose and vision. Here, we pursue our vocations and have the success of each employee at heart. Dovetail is a growing company building inspiring work with great people.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision
- Paid vacation
- Company-match 401K after waiting period
Apply: Please respond with “Shop PM” in the subject line and include a cover letter and resume with work history, dates of employment and references.
View your application history