Junior Architect / Office Assistant – New York, NY, US | Works
Shigeru Ban Architects (SBA) is a critically acclaimed global firm with offices based in Tokyo, Paris and New York. With over 150 projects built on 6 continents, SBA is a diverse and collaborative team that produces a wide range of ambitious work including commercial, residential, civic, hospitality, exhibition and cultural projects.
SBA America is looking for a Junior Architect and Office Assistant to support our New York based team. The ideal candidate will be able to double work on architectural projects while working on the daily office operations of the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent architectural graduate seeking experience in all aspects of working in an architectural firm.
- Support architectural project teams through drafting, modeling, presentation development and research
- Support daily office operations
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers
- Coordinate purchase orders
- Coordinate office events
- Support business development and public relations efforts
- Write and edit the content of proposals and other public communications
- Coordinate project submissions
- Support social media and other outreach activities
- Develop presentation graphics with senior managers
Additional qualifications and requirements include:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Mastery of graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or B.Arch)
- 1 year of relevant professional experience in an architectural office
- Software skill requirements: Rhino Modeling, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign. Microsoft Office suite including Powerpoint. Rendering skills (V-Ray, Lumion or Enscape) are highly recommended.
- Valid work permit in the United States.
- United States work experience is recommended for this position.
This position is full time and includes benefits. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. Please include salary targets with your letter of interest. We are looking to fill this position very quickly, by November/early December 2022.
To support our schedule, qualified candidates must currently be available in New York, although interviews may be conducted via videoconference.
View your application history
Back to task list…