INTERMEDIATE FF&E AND INTERIOR DESIGNER – Los Angeles, CA, US | Works
MONTALBA ARCHITECTS, INC., is a design-focused, high-service architecture firm based in Santa Monica, California, with a satellite office in Lausanne, Switzerland. We work with a wide range of local and international clients and our body of work consists of private residences, hospitality, commercial projects and high end retail.
Our Los Angeles office is located on the Bergamot Station Art campus in Santa Monica; among art galleries and the Metro Expo line station. We have a studio atmosphere where individuals can focus and inspire each other. We invite people who have high expectations for their own work, who are good problem solvers and who enjoy a collaborative work environment to apply.
We are looking for an Intermediate FF&E and Interior Designer who is passionate and experienced in high end hospitality and residential projects to join our team.
- Completion of a BArch, MArch, or degree in interior design
- 4 to 6 years of experience in an architecture or interior design office
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas verbally and visually
- Organized, precise and detail-oriented
- Motivated and enjoys a collaborative team environment
- Flexible and well balanced to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Proactive in improving your knowledge and skills
- Experience in high-end hotel and residential projects
- Strong graphic design and presentation skills
- Experience in sourcing high-end furniture, rugs, lighting, art, and accessories, including designing and coordinating custom furniture, millwork, and lighting
- Familiar with writing FF&E specifications (experience in Spexx is a plus)
- Preparation of contract documents including drafting, marking and 3D modeling of FF&E and interior design
- Knowledge of sourcing furniture, rugs and accessories
- Coordination of purchasing agent, including review and approval of purchase orders
- Visits to manufacturers and furniture makers to examine models
- Experience in hotel model rooms and FF&E coordination during the construction phase, including review of submittals and shop drawings, material cutouts and CFAs
- Experience coordinating FF&E installation and delivery
- Experience in staging photo shoots
- Able to manage deadlines, project schedules and FF&E budgets
- Able to work independently and coordinate with clients as needed
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suites (Revit and Enscape is a plus)
This is a full-time salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We support growth within the office and encourage professional development.
No phone calls please. Please apply by emailing us at [email protected] and add “Intermediate FF&E and Interior Designer” in the subject. Please limit file size to 10MB maximum. Montalba Architects, Inc. will review all submitted work and contact selected applicants for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants.
View your application history
Back to task list…