Cypher buff, Fade nerf, and more
Riot Games has just activated a new Valorant PBE for eligible players in North America, and it comes with some influential Agent and Quality of Life changes.
PBE 5.10 brings massive changes to Cypher and Fade utility kits, some UI tweaks, bug fixes, and more.
What does Valorant PBE 5.10 bring to the table? Everything you need to know about the current testing phase and the next global update
Riot Games is known for paying close attention to community requests and feedback regarding Valorant.
The free-to-play tactical shooter receives regular updates and content to keep the meta and experience fresh.
Fans have been asking developers to bolster Cypher for a very long time. With a weak ultimate and traps that can be easily countered, his utility kit fell out of the Valorant meta a long time ago, affecting his pick rate.
PBE 5.10 is about to introduce some massive changes to Cypher’s kit. This will reduce the predictability of his traps and increase the rewards associated with his ultimate ability, Neural Theft.
Fade, the newest initiator agent in Valorant’s character roster, has remained under control since his introduction. One of his basic abilities, Prowler, has been his most influential power, allowing him to clear corners and secure kills with ease.
Upcoming changes will reduce Fade’s Prowler’s versatility and force her to be more aware of her use. In addition, his Ultimate, Nightfall, will now have an increased cost: eight points instead of seven.
In addition to the Agent buffs and nerfs, Riot Games has also rolled out an update to Valorant’s menu. Previously, patch 5.08 introduced a new user interface that removed one-click access to most in-game menu options, forcing the community to resist the changes.
The developers took the complaints into consideration and returned the one-click access functionality in the form of icon buttons. These changes will be subject to further adjustments based on community feedback.
Finally, the developers have deployed some much-needed agent bug fixes related to Astra and Harbor in Valorant. They also mentioned a few known UI-related issues that are currently under close scrutiny.
PBE 5.10 will close at 11:00 AM PDT on Monday, November 7, 2022, paving the way for a global patch to bring the update to the public version of Valorant.
Valorant PBE 5.10: Patch Notes
- Menu update: After hearing the pain of removing one-click access to most of our menus, we returned this functionality as icon buttons in the universal navigation at the top of the screen. You will now be able to switch between Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Store with just one click, wherever you are. Not sure which icon is what? Give them a hover – we’ve added tooltips to help you get started.
- Trapwire max length increased from 1000 >>> 1500.
- Neural Theft now reveals enemies twice. There is a four second delay between revelations.
- The time restriction for casting on enemy corpses has been removed.
- Maximum cast distance increased from 1200 >>> 1800.
Quality of life
- Updated yellow silhouette used for Cypher reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft.
- The yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to help reduce the confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different locations.
- The yellow silhouette now begins to fade and fades faster to make it more distinct from an actual enemy.
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by AOE damage from allies.
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds. (As long as the ranger is alive without a trail).
- Bite delay after hitting target increased from 0.4 >>> 0.6 seconds.
- Hitbox improvements.
- Close vision duration on hit reduced from 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds.
- Stalkers now turn off and no longer debuff instead of debuffing their target if they teleport before it completes its animation.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes appear under the map.
- Fixed a bug where the Cascade targeter in Harbor on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down, even if the Cascade traveled the same distance.
- Fixed a bug where the Harbor Cascade targeter on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel.
- Fixed a bug where Astra could cast a fake nebula right at the start of a turn before her star charged.
- Button highlighting/coloring state inconsistencies on new universal navigation buttons for Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Shop.
- Selected universal navigation icons do not navigate to the selected menu when used from a sub-navigation menu.
All of these changes should appear in the global version of Valorant via a patch update (5.10) right after the end of the PBE.
Patch 5.10 is expected to arrive in the public version of the game on November 8, 2022, one day after the PBE ends.